Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Sooo hungry!

I am sooo hungry!! Wow it only took a day for the ol' metabolism to kick into high gear again - I'm starving! I try to eat every 3 hours, but I'm finding that after about an hour and a half I'm looking at my watch... trying my best to hang on for the 3 hours - LOL! Have not changed my portion sizes at all, must just be my body responding to being treated better.

Well since Monday I've been walking like I just got off my horse , hehehee! Embarrassing when you do a little 'stagger' because your quads are too sore to respond quickly! Did a pretty good chest and back session this morning, then cardio - only managed an incline walk on the treadmill for 25mins because my legs were too sore!! My heart rate monitor watch died yesterday, needs a new battery I think. Very annoying because I'm so used to wearing it that I feel strange working out without it! I even considered putting it on this morning - just because I'm so used to wearing a watch and a chest strap, and it felt 'funny' to go without it!!

I was thinking it might be a good excuse to buy a lovely new Polar one, they are just gorgeous... mine is an old black Polar one, about 3 or 4 years old - quite ugly, but very much loved. A dead battery is probably not a good excuse to buy an expensive (but lovely) new HR monitor, is it.... is it??? LOL!

Last night we got the beginnings of our new kitchen!! Very exciting! Begone pink kitchen... (seriously, even 25 years ago, was a pink kitchen EVER cool???)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."-Aristotle

13 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Hilary, thanks for the lovely birthday message. I can fully recommend a 'pink' F6 polar watch. I love it!! I didn;t realise it'd talk to the cardio machine either! You can always spoil yourself!!! Especially when you're working so hard, :)
Kelly

Jodi said...

Doesn't take long for the body to bounce back does it.... that is the great thing about weight training for life, you can have a break, still maintain a little shape and strength and then when you get back into it the muscles remember and swing into action!!!!!

So what naughty things were you up to make the table break Hilary ;-)

Bec said...

I know that hungry feeling too! I know it will pass, but gosh it really gets you in the first fwe days of starting healthy eating and exercise.

I agree with Kelly, spoil yourself with the polar watch, you only live once! Enjoy it.

Rebecca :)

Splice said...

I have one of those out-dated polar heart rate monitors that has a flat battery too!! Lol.
I have gotten used to not having one anymore, I can tell im working up my heart rate by how much sweat is dripping off me! Lovely aren't I?
Hugs,
Deb

Miss Positive said...

Kelly I love those F6 watches... just cant bring myself to buy another one when the other one just needs a new battery! One day...! :)

Jodi - you make me laff!! Nothing naughty broke the table - my BF moved the glass table by sliding it on the rug that it sits on... out the sliding doors onto the deck, and it put stress on the glass and smashed into a million pieces!! Nice boring excuse!

Hi Rebecca, yeah that constant hunger is a bit of a distraction isnt it? I feel like all I think about is 'when can I eat again?' LOL!

Splice I am counting the days til I can get to the shops and buy a new battery for the HR monitor... I cant focus properly without it!! Sad arent I??

Ali said...

'walking like i just got of my horse' LOL love it!!

Hope you love your new table!

I have been very slack and forgetting to use my heart rate monitor at all, we have heart rate monitors attached to the cardio equipment at the gym, however sometimes they LIE!!

and you misunderstood me I love to hate RPM classes lol, hate them all throughout the class then love it when it is over :)

Ali xx

Michelle said...

You'll definitely put the new HRM to work - check out ebay for some great deals on strapless ones! It's all built right in to the "watch" now!!!!

That's where I found my "training partner".

Happy Shopping!

- Michelle

Hilds said...

Hi Hilary, I'm hearing you with the hungry thing. I seem to be clock watching lately and just hanging out for my next meal. My metabolism must have finally kicked in to gear, which should be a good thing but oh my god I'm hungry. Suppose I'll get through it let me know if you have any good suggestions. Luv Hilds

SeLiNa said...

Hehehe!! makes you wonder how your legs WOULD pull up after riding a horse huh!!! lol
Yes, I'm with you on the HRM. Def feel naked without it!!
have a great weekend!!
xoxo

Rachel said...

I love that quote! I've got one of the old "super sexy" polars too - it reminds me of when you see old movies and their mobiles are as big as bricks hehe! Enjoy the body shake-up! At least you know it is growing and working hard!

Amy said...

it is definately a great excuse to buy one. hehehehe. Why do we feel we always need to justify our buys. I always do it. hehehehe

I can recommend them. They are so fantastic. My bf bought one for me last charistmas, it was the best.
Have a great weekend.\xxx

Cat said...

Hi Hilary,

I so relate to the hunger thing!!!

Find myself counting every minute from 1 1/2 hours after my last meal - am doing so this minute as I try to distract myself by reading blogs!

Cheers,
Cate

Miss Positive said...

Ali I agree, those HR readers on the cardio equipment DO lie!! They never read the same as what my watch calculates... Hope you're enjoying your torture called RPM!

Hi Michelle, unfortunately I did the sensible thing and went and got a new battery for my old HR monitor :( Maybe I'll put my order in for Xmas though!

Hilds I wish I had some suggestions! I 'clock watch' too - the next meal never comes soon enough!

Selina I actually dont think I was too sore after riding a horse, which makes me wonder why I used that particular comparison! :) Its not a good look anyway!

Hi Rachel, those trusty old HR monitors sure are ugly arent they? But I wouldn't be without it!

Lia I dont know how you can get up that early on a weekend... 5 days a week is enough for me! I love my weekend sleep-ins!

Hi Amy - I think I'll definetely put my order in for Xmas or birthday - just have to decide which one now!

Cate I hope you managed to make it to the next meal!