Monday, July 17, 2006

Phew what a weekend!

Wow wow wow is all I can say about my fabulous weekend in Melbourne! I had such an amazing time!!!

Firstly, congrats to Sue for placing third in her division - she looked fantastic, gorgeous and full of confidence and style. Kimmy came second in her division, which was so exciting because we all knew how nervous she had been! Rae won her class, and she looked great, very classy and graceful. And Jadey did so well in sportsmodel, it was such an enormous field and Jadey just looked radient on the stage.

I stayed in an apartment with Ali and Kerry, and I have to say that they were the best room-mates you could ask for. Fabulous company, wonderful ladies with such big hearts. We all had lots to chat about, and I felt like I had known both girls for years!! Thank you both for being such great room-mates!!


It was wonderful to finally meet Sue, she is such an amazing person who has made such a huge impact on my life. Sue is absolutely gorgeous, both inside and out. I felt like I was meeting my mentor!! I loved meeting Jodie too, such a nice girl and I felt like we had a lot in common. Kimmy was amazing - so focussed but at the same time stressing out! Margie was an absolue legend running around and helping Kimmy, and the gorgeous Di.

Margie, Kerry, Kimmy Ali, Jodie, Sue and me

The comp was HUGE!! It was a lot different to the WFF/NABBA comp that I saw on the Gold Coast. The pre-judging in the afternoon made for a pretty smooth running evening show too. It was great to catch up with Bella again, and to meet Lia. I was very sad to hear that Em wouldnt be joining us - hope you're feeling better Em - food poisoning isnt fun. It was lovely to meet Lisa, who works for Sue and is also this months Body Blitz winner, and also Beate who came 2nd in Sue's latest New You Challenge. I took lots of pics of the girls on stage, but unfortunately most of them came out blurry or dark. I was having all sorts of trouble with my new camera trying to work out the best setting for getting good pictures (without much success). Everyone on stage looked amazing, well done to everyone!!

Dinner on Saturday night at Lygon St was a hoot. The champagne was flowing, the food was plentiful. We got a variety of dishes and just had a bit of a smorgasboard, which wa great and then Sue and Kimmy could have a little of everything. The desserts were to die for, but I think we all overindulged and started feeling a little ill!! I ended up with a very bloated tummy and felt quite sick, so I can just imagine how Sue and Kimmy felt!! But it was all good and I'm sure everyone enjoyed the celebration.

Then Sunday morning we were all headed off in our different directions, and I came home. After such an exciting weekend (with not much sleep) I was absolutely exhausted yesterday. I went to bed last night and slept for 11 hours, and boy did I need it!! Today I'm off work, got to do all my groceries, washing, go to the dentist etc, so I suppose I'd better get off the computer and get cracking!! I'll be back later to read more blogs!

I will upload some more photos soon, blogger is playing silly-buggers at the moment!

1 comment:

Cat said...

Thanks Hilary - it is so cool to hear what the event was like & see the photos of you all. Sounds like a wonderful time!
Cate