- Waking up in the middle of the night and squinting blearily at the clock, desperately trying to see the time
- Waking up in the morning and fumbling for my glasses before I can even set foot out of bed
- Lying in bed and not being able to really see OH’s face (yes I was THAT blind! - about a minus 7.5 for contact lenses, for those who know)
- In winter, going from a cool day outside to a warm house or shop, and having the lenses fog up… then waiting patiently for them to ‘unfog’ (similarly, leaning over a pot of boiling water, opening the oven door etc)
- In the rain, having to constantly take the glasses off and wipe them, usually with my shirt.
- Trying to put on eye makeup while squinting into the mirror, trying to see what I'm doing!!
- Being in the shower and not being able to see the clock (or what you’re shaving, for that matter LOL!)
- Feeling geeky, dorky and shy about just how THICK my lenses were
- Trying to balance sunglasses over the top of regular glasses in a way that doesn’t make you look like a fruitcake
- The fact that I would constantly push them up, even though they weren’t falling down in the first place!
Eye is doing pretty well. The left is still sore if I touch it (which of course I should'nt be doing anyway) and gets a bit sting-ey in the afternoons, but otherwise all is good! I drove yesterday for the first time, and it was great, my vision is so good. Its funny, every afternoon when my eye starts to get a bit dry and sore, the first thing I automatically think is "oh I need to take these contact lenses out... oh wait... I'm not wearing them anymore!"
This week I'm going to start writing up my fitness goals and get myself organised for when I can start training properly again. Only 2 more weeks to go, and then I should be ok to get stuck back in. Today I'm going to Lorna Jane to have a look-see, I've never really been in there so I think I'm about to do some damage to the old bank balance!
Have a great weekend!