Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tagged!!

Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

1. I am obsessed with all things Ancient Rome. Whenever anyone says "I wonder who invented such-and-such" you can count on me to reply "WELL... it all started with the Romans..." and I will natter on until their eyes glaze over.

2. I love reading multiple books at the same time. Currently I am partway through "How to talk to your cat" by Claire Bessant, "First man in Rome" by Colleen McCullough "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" by Betty Edwards, and "Ancient Rome" by Nigel Rogers. My mood dictates which book I will pick up and read on that particular day.

3. Every 3 or 4 years, I pick up my graphite stick and start drawing. I love drawing portraits mostly. The "phase" lasts for a couple of weeks, where I'll draw madly, and then suddenly I just drop it again and wont draw for another 3 or 4 years. I get a LITTLE bit better each time, but I never seem to get any worse. (one day I will post a few of my drawings)

4. I HATE having dry lips and cannot be without lip balm. I'd go as far as saying that I have a lip balm obsession. I have just counted 4 lip balm/lip glosses on my desk at work, I have another in my desk drawer, and there are four more in my handbag (not counting lipstick). At home I have one stashed in the coffee table drawer, there is another in the bathroom drawer, one beside my bed, and finally one beside the home computer. And I hate to admit it, but I just bought a "SPARE/BACKUP" chapstick on Saturday when I did the groceries!!!! Actually until I wrote this I never realised that I had a problem... Time for the straight-jacket do you think? LOL!

5. When I was a kid, I used to ice skate. In 1986 I was Queensland Champion in the Figure Juvenile Division, and at that years Nationals came 4th. In 1988 I came second in the state titles in Intermediate Division, and 2nd at Nationals. I had to give it up in 1989 due to the cost (it is a hugely expensive sport). I loved it and still miss it.

6. I can quote entire scenes out of Monty Python's The Flying Circus/Young Ones/Blackadder, as can my brother and dad. Used to drive my mum mental!!!

7. I danced tap and jazz ballet until I was 21. I also taught a beginners tap class at my dance school, for the younger ones.

I'm not tagging anyone because everyone seems to have been tagged already!

3 comments:

SeLiNa said...

Hey Hils!! No wonder you enjoyed Italy and Rome so much!!! You nerd ;P hee hee and I too read 4 books at a time!! Crazy huh!
I liked your facts, you've sure got some hidden talents in there!!!
xoxo

Miss Positive said...

LOL thanks Selina, yeah I AM a bit of a nerd arent I???!!!!

Hilary xx

LizN said...

It's been really interesting reading all these tags. You are one talented gal Hilary :)

Hugs
Liz;)