Thursday, February 01, 2007

Antibiotics

Well, the drugs DO work.

Yesterday I woke up feeling no better, in fact, feeling a burning sensation in my chest every time I coughed. So as promised I went to the doctor, who prescribed me some drugs. I absolutely HATE taking antibiotics... I only ever do so as a last resort. I think they do nasty things to your system. But anyway, happy to report that I woke up this morning feeling much better.

Had the day off work yesterday too - hence the new blog template. Finally figured out how to do it!

And I'm going back to gym tomorrow!!! Cant wait! Going to do some much needed cardio, and continue through the weekend. I have prepared my training diary, designed my weights programme, written up my goals - so I'm ready!

And with any luck my sense of taste and smell will come back very soon. It has been almost a week since I lost it. You dont realise how strange it is, not being able to taste things, until you cant. Its weird. I keep asking my other half - "does it taste ok?" "What does it taste like?". And when you're cooking things, you cant taste test anything to see if it needs seasoning or anything, you just have to hope for the best. Takes all the enjoyment out of eating!

This afternoon we have to take Shavez (our 10 year old Alaskan Malamute) to the vet - I found a large-ish lump just forward of his hip - if you were a human it would be on your oblique abdominal muscles. I am very worried, but trying to stay calm - it could be anything. Our animals are children... cross your fingers for us.

6 comments:

Janew said...

Hey hilary, great to hear you are feeling better! also love your new look blog, very cool :)

I hope your doggy is ok!Ive also had my doggy (Bull) for 12 years this year and he is a huge part of my life, so I understand your worry.Keep me updated on how things go!

Take care and train hard!!!
Jane :)

Ali said...

Hope you are all better by now, keep us posted on your dog, fingers x'ed that they are okay.

I love your new Blog!!!
Alixx

Shar said...

Hi Hils

Glad you are feeling better!

Sending positive stuff your way for your dog.

Shar x

Em said...

Love the new look hun its smashing:)

I wish you all the best at the vets and hope that your darling doggy is given a clean bill of health:)

Good to hear your feeling better, i too feel the same about antibiotics but sometimes we have to give in and just take them:)
Hope your taste returns soon hun:)
Em:)

jodie said...

Hello Hils

Glad to hear you are on the mend. And I also I hope that your pup is OK too. I feel so sad when I hear animals are sick, I think because they can't tell us what's wrong.

Kerry said...

Love the new blog Hilary.

Look after yourself and keep taking those antibiotics. I know how you feel about taking things but sometimes it is the only choice.

kerry