Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Update

I've been a little absent from blogging lately.  I've still been reading everyone elses, but just not feeling like contributing much to mine.  There's some stuff going on for me right now, but its not something I can really blog about just yet.  I'm trying to get my priorities in order - so some changes are afoot.

Because my mind has been otherwise occupied, training has taken a bit of a backseat.  Actually I had the whole of last week off training, mostly because I needed one less thing to think about.  Also, I needed to catch up on some sleep - as some of you know, I'm a bit of a worry-wart and when I get stressed, the first thing that falls apart for me is sleep.

So back into training this week.  And then this morning I must have turned the alarm off in my sleep cos when I woke up and looked at the clock it was 6.20am!!  Arrrggghhh!  Bugger.  Despite my lack of training, the scales havent changed much, which is a relief.  I feel so bad when I dont train, but I think sometimes your body needs a rest, both physically and mentally.

On the renovation front, we now have a fully functioning ensuite!  The shower heads are installed (its a double shower - two heads, very fancy!), all the tiling and grouting is done.  Now we just need a shower screen, buy some mirrors, finish painting (my job) and it will be complete.  I dont know which room will be next, but its OH's goal to have the whole of the inside of the house finished before Christmas... I think we're going to be busy... still got to tile the rumpus, entry and kitchen/dining rooms, completely renovate/re-do the kitchen, build the bar in the rumpus, paint 3 bedrooms plus ceilings and stairs etc... such fun!


Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but sail we must and not drift, nor lie at anchor.  Oliver Wendell Holmes

7 comments:

LizN said...

Hi Hilary,

Know where you're coming from. I hope you sort out every thing that needs to be sorted in your own time and importantly not lose any sleep over it.

Hugs
Liz ;)

Sam D-M said...

Hi Hilary,

I used to give myself a hard time if I took any time of training, but sometimes you gotta do it! Your body will thank you I am sure. Catch up on the sleep :-)

It does sound like you got your work cut out for you before Christmas!

Sam

SeLiNa said...

Hey Hils,

Hope everything is OK. Don't beat yourself up over a few missed sessions.

Hugs
Selina :)

Michelle said...

Sounds like you're doing quite a bit of "juggling" these days!!

The time off last week was much neede - I am certain!

XX - Michelle

little rene said...

Hey Hilary

Sending you positive "soul searching" vibes :)

Hope you sort everything out soon.

lots of love

rene and munchkin xxx

Em said...

Hope all is well and that you start catchingn up on your sleep hun :)
Em:)

Kelly said...

Hey sweetie,
I'm in Australia!!! Yay, but only for one more day. I miss blogging, hope you're well. I hope your wedding plans are going well and the renos are nearly over.
Kelly