Thursday, June 12, 2014

Commitment

  • I will post here at least once a week.  More if needed.
  • I will report in on how I'm going, how I'm feeling, what went well and what didn't go well
  • I commit to having just ONE free meal per week
  • I commit to drinking at least 2 litres of water each day
  • I will track my progress with measurements and bodyfat percentage.
In typical "me" fashion, no sooner did I decide on this plan of attack, when my daughter came down with tonsillitis... again.  So the last few days we have been coping on little sleep, one hot feverish 4 year old, one tired mama and most definitely no exercise.

Eating is still on track, but I am having an additional strong coffee each afternoon this week, when I'm trying to work.  I thought about chocolate a little while ago (we still have a small mountain of easter chocolate in the house) but it was only a fleeting thought. 

Today involved a two hour wait at the GP.  I wasn't expecting to be so long so the Childrens Nurofen wore off while we were there, and her fever came back with a vengeance.  Then the doc ordered a tonsil swab and blood tests - yeah try getting a 4 year old to sit still while they're suffering a fever and crying their heart out.  Its no fun for anyone!  Stress!!

Pretty happy that I still managed to stay on track today, despite the stress.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so hard when your kids are sick. You wish you could take their pain and make it your own. Speedy recovery to her and hope no one else gets it

Miss Positive said...

Thank you, Anonymous!