Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Back to Basics

Once upon a time this used to be a fitness blog... then somewhere along the way it morphed into a mummy blog/general life etc.  I've been thinking about resurrecting this blog for a while, but a sudden urge struck me last night, and well, here I am again.

After a year of faffing about and not getting anywhere, I need to have some accountability again.  I'm tired of going around and around in circles.  I'm tired of making excuses for myself.

Its time to get my act together and actually make some progress in my fitness and health again.

I am a work-from-home mum, with 2 part-time jobs, 2 little kids, I do the books for my husbands business and I'm in the process of starting my own business.

I am busy, but so is everybody else.

I'm tired and stressed and feeling flat.  Every day feels a bit like groundhog day.  I've created bad habits recently that I must stop.  I get very little "me" time, once the kids are in bed, my husband often goes to bed earlier than me - so I turn off the TV, get out my book and start snacking.  Then I stay up WAY too late, don't get much sleep, feel exhausted in the morning, get cranky with the kids through the day (often resorting to a glass of wine at the end of the day) and the cycle continues.

I am a full clothing size, and 5kgs over where I am comfortable being.  It is not a massive amount of weight, but I have been losing and gaining the same 2-3kgs over and over for at least the last year.  I go well for a week or two.  Then something happens and I don't deal with it well.  A kid gets sick.  Or I get sick.  Or I injure myself.  Or we go away camping and it all goes out the window.  Start/Stop, start/stop... sigh

I'm limited at the moment to what I can do (exercise-wise) due to something called "pelvic crossed syndrome", and under some strict instructions from my physio.  But that doesn't mean I cant get my bad habits sorted.

My accountability is here.  I thought about starting a fresh blog, but I like it here.  It feels like home.  There are years of old posts here to motivate me and remind me of what I CAN achieve.

I'm going back to basics.  More soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to have you back blogging. Life can be tough when you are a mummy to two. I love the motto "Back to Basics"

Kristy said...

Welcome back Hilary :)