Saturday, February 05, 2011

Weigh-In day

Results after 4 weeks:

This fortnight has seen a small loss on the scales again – only 800g since last fortnight, and 1.5kgs in total. Bit disappointed in my measurements this fortnight too, as my waist, hips and chest stayed the same (and they are normally the big movers for me), and only had small losses from thighs, calves and biceps. Still, a 4cm loss is a 4cm loss and I am still happy that things are going in the right direction – albeit a bit slower than I’d like!

I am pleased with my skinfolds though – I’ve lost another 1.3% bodyfat (down 3.8% in 4 weeks) and a 8mm from all over (down 17mm since the start).

So although the scales and some measurements aren’t showing the progress that I’d like, I have to look at the big picture and know that the changes are slowly happening!

I’m actually quite impressed with myself this week, and really really chuffed that my determination and commitment is still there!

I had a bit of an “a-ha” moment yesterday when I was thinking that my progress felt slow compared to in the past, despite the hard work. I’m not sure if this is because I have Polycystic Ovaries – this was never a problem until we first started trying to get pregnant a few years ago and went off the pill. Actually – I never even knew about it before then. I was on the pill from the age of 18, until I was 32, and so consequently I never had any of the tell-tale signs or symptoms until I stopped taking the pill and tried to get pregnant (and even then, I don’t have MOST of the symptoms that go with PCOS, just the faulty ovaries) and being on the pill may have helped control the symptoms.

So PCOS is possibly hampering my fat-loss attempts, but in no way is it an excuse. But it might explain why my belly fat (which I’ve never had a problem with before) is a bit more stubborn now (or it could just be that I’m older now LOL!). I’ve been working hard and eating clean – the results will come but they might just take a little longer.

We had a night from hell with Skye last night – she woke up every hour and a half crying… I don’t know why, she NEVER does that. She seemed fine and if I went in to her, and picked her up, she would fall asleep on my shoulder. Put her back down and the crying started again. At 1am we brought her into our bed (which we’ve never done before) to try to get her to settle – BAD IDEA! She thought it was so much fun, and was too excited to sleep. So… back to her room at 2am – more crying… finally she went to sleep until she woke at 3.45am crying again… sigh…

Today I feel shattered, I don’t know how on earth I survived on so little sleep when she was a younger baby!

No comments: