Saturday, March 21, 2009

12 weeks to go

I've had so much stuff that I wanted to blog about this week, but I haven't had much spare time on the computer this week, so I've forgotten most of it!!

The most exciting news is that there is now only 12 weeks until I become a "Mrs"! OMG I still have so much to do! So effectively that gives me 11 weeks to get into "buff bride" shape - I say 11 weeks because I intend to have the entire week off training before the wedding - I want to look rested and refreshed, without dark circles under my eyes.

I dont really have far to go, about 3kg. Its just that I keep losing and gaining the same 1kg every week, and I'm a little bit over it. Weekends are my downfall, I'm usually really good and consistent through the week, but then come Saturday its sleeping in, egg white omelette on toast for breakfast (which are still fine, but I find them so much more filling than my regular oats and cottage cheese, consequently I forget to eat meal 2)... , forgetting to drink enough water, a few glasses of wine on Saturday night, takeaway for dinner... you know the story.

Enough is enough. I'm in countdown mode now. Putting together my plan this weekend, watch this space!

This week I was so motivated, it felt great. On Tuesday I challenged myself to beat my previous best sprinting speed of 13.1 km/hour. Got to 14.5km/hour - 1 minute intervals. Woohoo!! Felt amazing, my intervals were 6km/hour, 9km/hour, 14.5km/hour - kept that up for 10 minutes. Then I slowed to my next walking interval, and got struck down with the most horrendous period pain... I wasn't sure if I wanted to vomit, or run to the toilet, or collapse on the floor. So I had to pack up and get the hell out of there - went home, took 3 panadeine, and laid on the floor for 20 minutes until it passed.

Next morning I was determined to do it again, so after weights I did a 10 minute jog, and then another 10 minutes of intervals - this time I got to 15km/hour! The treadmill started to make a noise at that speed (the suspension starts to rattle), to the point where people were turning around to stare at me... oops! (perhaps it was my gasping noises that drew their attention?!) Shattered after that!

Its nice to be able to challenge myself like that - each week I want to either increase the speed, or increase the length of the intervals. Next week I will aim for longer duration, and the following week will go for speed.

Wedding: have ordered the invitations, paid the deposit for the venue, booked our accommodation for a few nights after the wedding, booked my flowers, and shortlisted some photographers. Surprisingly most wedding suppliers seem to be free on my date, every single photographer that I have contacted is available... who says you need a year or more to organise a wedding!!?

So I'm starting to feel more organised!

Have a fabulous weekend!

5 comments:

Pip said...

Wow! How exciting for you Hils!

It's all happening with the wedding, am sure you will look beautiful!

You're training sounds hardcore, well done on the sprints!

Pip

KRISTIN said...

Good luck with all your plans Hilary and I'm certain you will be looking absolutely amazing on your wedding day!!!

K xoxo

Em said...

Thats amazing hun :)
Keep up the good work in the gym hun!
Good luck with the rest of your wedding plans hun :)
Em:)

Anonymous said...

11 weeks to go, gosh that's going fast. When I was planning our wedding I hired myself a wedding planner. I was alone in a city I didn't know very well and needed the help, it was a blessing becuase as you already know there is so much to organise and do. I can't wait to see photos. :o)

Lia xxx

Miss Positive said...

Thanks Pip, it is excting to be planning a wedding, finally!

Thank you Kristin, fingers crossed!

Thanks Em!

That sounds like a great idea Lia - I thought it would be easy since we're having a "simple" wedding - how wrong I was!

Hilary xx