Sunday, April 03, 2011

Busy Days!

Jeez I just cant get into the habit of regular blog posting these days! Things are going well here, just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day!

For the last two weeks Skye has decided that she doesn't need her second day sleep, so that has been making things a bit more challenging for mummy! I really rely on her having two day naps of about 1.5 hours each. If she doesn't do this then I struggle to get work and other stuff done.

BUT - she's getting older now (15 months - eeek!) and I knew the day was coming, when she'd transition to just having one day nap. Seems that day is pretty much here - sob! So even though she's only having one nap, I've been keeping her to the two-nap schedule. The afternoon nap is now just some "quiet time" in her cot, while mummy finishes up with her day job!

Lets hope that when she officially goes to one nap, that she does me a favour and has a 3 hour long one! (We can hope!)

The other week, Nicole came for a visit and gave me some instruction on how to do some kettlebell exercises, which was fantastic! Kettlebell swings are MUCH harder to do correctly than they look. Anyway, after Nicoles excellent lesson, I feel like I'm able to do them properly now - and can even tell when someone's doing them wrong on TV! I've been practicing them most days with my dumbbells (we haven't bought any KB's yet) and although the action is slightly different with dumbbells, I still feel like I'm targeting the right muscles. I've also been practicing some Turkish getups too :) Thank you Nicole!!!

As far as my challenge goes, well I guess I'm just taking things at my own pace at the moment. And I'm enjoying being able to feel a bit of room in my jeans and shorts these days too, so I've definitely shrunk a bit in the hips and butt department.

Other news – I got all my hair chopped off!!  So I’m back to a short bob again, and went back to dark brown.  Having it lighter just needed too much maintenance – I hate having regrowth roots.  It feel so nice and shiny and sleek again.  One of the benefits of having totally dead straight hair.  I still tie it up most days, but its nice to be able to wear it out occasionally and feel like there is a bit of style there!

Oh yes - for Kelly and Kristy - regarding our treadmill... initially I was going to get a second-hand one on eBay (so many people seem to buy them and then they collect dust, so I figured it was a good place to start looking). But then we saw some brand new ones on eBay, starting from around $500. Did lots of research, and ended up going for one of the brand new ones for about $600-700 (had a longer belt, higher horsepower, inbuilt speakers, ipod plug etc). They were local to us, so hubby went and picked it up for me, saving us the $100 delivery fee. I have to say that I'm impressed with the great quality of this treadmill too, especially for the price! I LOVE eBay! If you want more details, let me know your email address and I'll send you some more info :)

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: