Saturday, October 23, 2010

Photos

Lots been happening, still busy as ever - still finding it a bit tough to fit everything in, working from home is FANTASTIC, but its a big juggle to get everything else done!



This weekend we had the first casualty from Cyclone Skye - the laptop power cable is now mysterioulsy broken and the laptop wont charge. We've had to send it away to the manufacturer to be fixed - we only got it in June!!



I have to say, I never realised that having a child would be so much fun! I'm just so so so in love with our little munchkin. She has me in stitches 10 times a day, she's so funny! I love the little 'words' she comes out with - the latest 'words' being repeated over and over is "pitch-oom, pitch-oom, pitch-oom" - endlessly... no idea what she thinks she's saying, but she says it with such determination, and she thinks that shes hilarious!



I'm trying to really appreciate the here and now - I'm perfectly aware that it wont be long before she's having tantrums, saying "NO"! constantly and being a right little monster. But for now, she pretty much does what I want her to and thinks I'm the greatest, she cant talk back yet, and hasn't really figured out that she can assert her own authority yet! (Except when I'm trying to change her nappy - there is no keeping her still, the second the nappy is off, she's away! Its extremely difficult to change her bum these days, I just wish she'd stay still long enough!)

Its so lovely to have someone idolise you so much, its so hard to imagine that one day she'll be rolling her eyes at me when she's a teenager!

She's been crawling and pulling herself up for a few months now, but in the last week she's started to let go of things and can stand without holding onto anything for a few seconds. I think the problem is that she's more interested in jumping up and down than actually walking at the moment!

A few picture updates. After seeing a few fellow bloggers, and Facebook friends using the iphone Hipstamatic app, I decided to get it myself and have a bit of a play... and I'm LOVING it!



Here's a few that I've taken recently:



The beanbag is the latest "toy" - she loves to stand beside it, and then throw herself onto it with a big squeal! Even better if mummy or daddy are ready in waiting beside her for a tickle attack!

Now that the weather is warmer, the fireplace is not in use so Skye's been exploring the area a little. The other day I came out of the kitchen to find her STANDING on top of the brickwork... oh no, the little monster has starting CLIMBING on things!

So I took a quick photo, and THEN told her off! LOL!


Helping mummy with the vacuuming - bet she wont be doing this as a teenager either! She LOVES the vacuum - she follows me around the house, not afraid of the noise at all. She seems quite fascinated by it.


My cheeky grin!



Elke... waiting patiently for me to pick up the ball at her feet... She never, EVER tires of this game...
My other beautiful girl...

8 comments:

Nicole said...

I just LOVE, LOVE the pics - Skye is just adorable! Haha they are so cute when they are being cheeky - it's hard to get cranky!! LOL

Andrea said...

Yes - Harris's favorite words are NO, More and Mine. Luckily the No is a bit of a fall back answer for every question, and the More is pretty cute.
Andrea

Shar said...

She is soooooo cute hils!!!

I am thinking Freddy wont be long before crawling, then all hell breaks loose!! Im not encouraging it just yet!! :)

I love the one on the fireplace.
Shar x

Kristy said...

Beautiful photos of both of your children :)

Stephanie said...

Wow what an adorable little girl! Makes me wish I could have one my self

Bug's Mumma said...

Glad you're enjoying working from home. It's very rewarding having something outside of being a mum. Love love love the pics. Skye is such a cheeky little thing xoxox

Miss Positive said...

Thanks Nicole - yes they are cute even when they are cheeky aren't they? You can never really get angry at them!

LOL Andrea, guess I've got that to look forward to!

Thanks Shar! Its funny isnt it, you want them to crawl, and then when they do, you wish they'd stay in the one spot again!

Thank you Kristy!

Thanks Stephanie :)

Totally agree Alicia, its great to be able to work again - and I quite like working on my own so its working well :)

Hilary xx

Pip said...

Skye looks totally adorable! Very nice photos! Can't believe she can walk already :-)