Monday, April 13, 2009

The verdict seems to be...

Plantar fasciitis.

I think I have figured out what my foot pain is. All the symptoms seem to point to this. I will, of course, go to a podiatrist and get it checked out.

I'd heard of the 'plantar fascia' before, but, y'know, I always thought it was something to do with warts (plantar warts)!

So yesterday and today, on the advise of the ever helpful internet (!) I have strapped my feet as shown, and the difference has been amazing. The burning in the arch and heel is still there, but the sharp pain when I walk has stopped. Rest, icing and stretching is also recommended. Running may be off the schedule for a few weeks.



In other news, I spent Saturday and Sunday in Warwick... oh joy. The Datsun Nationals (affectionately known as the "Dat Nats") were on - and LUCKY me got to go. The things we do for our other halves eh? We were only meant to go on Saturday, however the drags got rained out, so OH went home very dissapointed on Saturday night. Sunday dawned all clear in Warwick, so back we went... 2 hours there, 2 hours back. 2 days in a row. Looking at old cars. Bet you're all SOOO jealous! lol!
As far as Easter goes, we kinda forgot. Somebody at work gave me a couple of mini eggs, which have been in the fridge since mid last week. So I ate two. That was the sum total of my Easter chocolate experience. I dont "do" hot cross buns (ick!) so the damage was minimal. I did eat some rubbish in Warwick, but only because it was that or nothing. All in all, not too bad a weekend.
Anyways, today I'll be off to do the groceries, the cupboards are bare!! I'm also going to look at sunglasses - I'm sick of buying cheap ones, I want a really nice new pair of good ones that will last for a while. Will post a pic if I find some!
Enjoy the last day of your long weekend...

4 comments:

SeLiNa said...

Oh, crap. Feet problems are not fun, i've had my fair share of them the past few years with all the running. I sel-diagnosed some as well. hee hee. Send Amy an email - being a podiatrist she was really really good with me (and patient!) - I knew nothing about nothing but she helped me diagnose and suggested strapping techniques :)
I can't believe you don't like hot cross buns - you are a weird creature :P I reckon if you can convert to cottage cheese, you will certainly be able to do HCBs one day!!! ;)

Em said...

I hope that your feet are all better now you have found dthe problem.
I spent my weekend round cars too :)
Have a great week hun :)
Em:)

Fifi said...

How annoying. My sister has that. I kept having to strap her feet up when she was here on holidays. Hope you get some relief.

Miss Positive said...

Hi Selina, yeah, they're not fun are they? I always self-diagnose, probably not a good idea! And actually I can handle hot cross buns if they dont have peel - that stuff is gross!

Thanks Em, I spent another weekend around cars this weekend!

Thanks Frankie!

Hilary xx