Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas, New Year, and everything in between

I love being on holidays... all this sleeping in til 7am is heaven!!


We've had a great week. Christmas day was lovely, and fairly quiet too I have to say. I didn't eat too much rubbish actually, so I felt kinda good about that. I think I made up for it in the days that followed though! Thankfully nobody gave me any chocolate this year, and I didn't buy any. The worst damage was caused by the home-made rum balls that mum gave me to take home. OH doesn't like them, so I ate them all myself! Oh well, its only once I year I suppose.


The trouble with being on holidays is that we tend to go shopping! OH bought himself another pair of sunglasses, and I scored myself some absolute bargains at Lorna Jane, and a Guess handbag and matching purse in the sales. Goes well with the Guess watch that OH gave me for Christmas :)


On Friday I am going shopping with mum, this time for a wedding dress. Yes you read that correctly, we're finally going to get hitched! I suppose after almost 10 years together, and almost 2 years of being engaged, its high time we got around to it.


So far we have nothing booked, but we're thinking of having a mid-week wedding, sometime in the first half of 2009. It will be fairly low-key, and we're only going to have family to the ceremony. Then a week or two later we're just going to throw a big "wedding celebration" and have a party! This suits us to a tee, as we both dont want the whole white-wedding thing.


So I have lots of stuff to organise now!


With all that in mind, I have a new goal to be a buff bride. I had last week off training completely, which was nice, but I'm back into doing cardio and some light weight training this week from home. Next week I'll be back into it full throttle - its so great to have a fitness goal again!


Tonight for New Years celebrations we're just going to a friends house, I think we're getting old, because our last couple of New Years have been very sedate! OH is driving, so I'll aiming to just have a few glasses of wine - there is nothing worse than one of us being hung over and the other one isn't!


So Happy New Year everyone! I hope that 2009 is everything that you hope for!

14 comments:

Raechelle said...

Congrads on the upcoming wedding!
Have a wonderful New Year-all the best for 2009!

Kerry W said...

Hi Hilary

Great to hear you had a 'quiet' one at Christmas and you're enjoying sleep-ins (and rum balls.

Congrats on your wedding decision, and I look forward to seeing a 'buff' you for the special occasion! (you are going to share your results aren't you?)

ciao for now and Happy New Year!

Kerry :)

Nicole said...

Have a fantastic new year's Hilary! Sounds like 2009 is going to be just as busy for you as it will be for me :) Good luck dress shopping!! Nicole xx

Kristy said...

Fantastic news about the wedding. Have fun dress shopping (or goodluck, I hate dress shopping :P)

Happy New Year
Kristy

Gillian said...

That is fantastic news about the up-coming wedding!! Enjoy shopping for your wedding dress, it is such a special time especially if you are doing it with your mum:)

Shar said...

Congrats on the wedding Hils!!
I loved planning my wedding, try and enjoy it even when it gets a little stressy.
Look forward to your buff bride journey!!
happy new Year
Shar x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Hilary!
what wonderful new goals to look forward to, (Buff new bride) how exciting!

I agree with shar, Enjoy what you can in the planning department, as it can get a bit dramatic, thats why mine was simple~ beautiful backyard, barefoot, pig on a spit, yummy foods and small~ simple, simple, simple...

Happy New Year
Jools x

SeLiNa said...

YAY!! A wedding!!!!! How exciting for you :) 2009 will be a biggie!!

I'd love to catch up again when I'm down there, but timing may not suit?? I fly down on the Monday, and home Saturday morning. Staying at Broadbeach, and hiring a car to get up to Brisbane on the Wednesday to go shopping in the city (and get put thru pain by Liz!). I'm so looking forward to it all though!
xx

Doris's BEHAG journey said...

Ah, finally! a 2009 wedding.

Happy New Year Hils, see you at the gym in the early mornings. Got to work hard this year, because this is the YEAR!

Pip said...

CONGRATS on the wedding Hils!

Sounds like you have a great 2009 in store!

All the best with it!

Pip

Andrea said...

Hi Hilary.
yay - finally we get to see you get married! I like the sound of you small intimate wedding plans.
You will look amazingly buff I am sure!
Andrea

Bec said...

Congratulations on your wedding this year. How exciting!! Be careful, as soon as you do it people will be asking about the kiddies. Lol!

How fabulous. I can't wait to hear all about the beautiful dressed. You will be a gorgeous and buff bride for sure.

Can't wait to read your journey in 2009 and stay motivated from all your fitness triumphs!

Rebecca :)

Anonymous said...

This holidays for the first time we haven't been sleeping in Hilary. We get up at 0600h during the week like normal and 0700h of the weekend and have found that we get much more done and our body clocks aren't as confused.

Lia xxx
Eat Clean, Drink Water, Train Hard & Love Life!

Miss Positive said...

Thanks Raechelle!

Thanks Kerry, and yes I'm definetely going to share wedding photos!

Yes Nicole, I think I will be pretty busy this year, even though it will be a low-key wedding, there is still so much that needs to be organised!

Thanks Kristy, dress shopping was a bit of an experience!

Thanks Gillian!

Thank you Shar... I hope I do enjoy the experience, not stressing just yet anyway!

Jools your wedding sounds simple and very similar to what we are planning, just a nice cruisy day.

Thanks Selina, shame we wont be able to catch up while you're down here, next time for sure.

I agree Doris, this is totally going to be THE year!

Thanks Pip!

That is the plan Andj, operation buff bride is in full swing!

Rebecca, people have been asking about the kidlets for the last 5 or 6 years, so this wont change I dont think!

Sounds like a good plan Lia, its a good way to keep those habits going.

Hilary xx