Saturday, January 27, 2007

I've got a cold again

Grrrr I've got another cold! All this jetting around the world really does nothing for the old immune system. I first picked up a nasty cold in England at the beginning of January, and it never really went away (well it died down to a hacking cough) - and then yesterday it resurfaced. Or else I've picked up another one. Anyway, the runny nose and sore throat are BA-ACK and I'm pretty fed-up with it. Having a cold in Summer just makes you feel worse than it usually does!

Tomorrow is my birthday (32... *shudder*) and I dont think we're doing anything. The holiday sort of counted as our combined Christmas/Birthday treats this year, but maybe we'll go out for dinner or something. If my nose doesn't unblock, I might not be able to taste anything though!

On Monday I go back to work (groan) and I'm also going to get stuck back into training and clean eating. Going to spend this weekend writing my goals which should take me up to my first eye operation, which is the 15th of March. During the eye operation period, I'm not really sure how much exercise I'm going to be allowed to do, apparently they frown on any sport or exercise for a few weeks afterwards.

Kerry tagged me with this a little while ago - I'm a few weeks behind sorry!

A-Z Of Hilary -

A - Available or single? Neither - newly engaged!
B- Best Friend? My fiance
C- Cake or Pie? Cake
D- Drink of Choice? Currently white wine
E- Essential Item? Ipod.
F- Favorite Color? Purple
G- Gummi Bears or Worms? Neither I'd rather have chocolate
H- Hometown? Brisbane, Australia
I- Indulgence? Castello Cheese, crackers and wine
J - January or February? – January, my birth month
K- Kids and names? Shavez (Alaskan Malamute), Elke (Border Collie) and Connor (Siamese Cat)
L- Life is incomplete without? My partner and my animals
M- Marriage Date? Steady on! We only just got engaged!!
N- Number of Siblings? One brother
O- Oranges or apples? Neither - I dont really like fruit
P- Phobias/Fears? Spiders, Heights
Q- Favorite Quote? Don’t have one
R- Reason to Smile? Coming home
S - Season? Autumn
T - Tag three people! I think everyone has done this by now
U- Unknown fact about Me? I used to smoke
V- Vegetable you hate? Artichoke
W- Worst habit? Snoring (occasionally!!)
X- X-rays you've had? teeth, head, spine (for Chriopracter)
Y- Your favorite food? Roast Vegetables, cheese and crackers
Z- Zodiac? Aquarius

11 comments:

Hilds said...

Hi Hilary, sounds like you just need to rest up!!! I know its frustrating but lots of rest, good food and water and you should be feeling better. But don't get back into your training until your 100% otherwise the cold will just linger on! Hope you have a great Birthday whatever you decide to do. Get better really soon. Hilds

Pip said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

32! In your pics you look so young that I imagined you to be around my age, (26).

You're an example that healthy eating and great training can keep ya looking young!

Pip

Michelle said...

Have a GREAT Birthday Hill!!!

This year you got a fiance - how will he top himself next year?

XX - Michelle

SeLiNa said...

Awww, cold suck don't they :( Going in and out of different climates, plus all those germies on planes are always guaranteed to give you some sort of illness.
Hope it eases up soon.
So your eyes are going ahead on 15th March! How exciting :)
So that means you'll be able to go to PHAT CAMP!!!!!?!?!?

jodie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! I hope you have a lovely day and that you get better soon. Take it easy OK?

Bug's Mumma said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day and get very spoilt! xo

LizN said...

Have a wonderful birthday Hilary!

Hope the cold has cleared up so you can blow out those candles sans snot!

Hugs
Liz ;)

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday fellow January-baby!

Hope you have a great day, and that your cold goes away nice and quickly. Bugger to have one over summer as well!

Cheers
Carolyn

Em said...

I hope that your cold has subsided and that your feeling better:)
Happy birthday hun, i hope you had a lovely day with your hubby to be:)
Em:)

Sam D-M said...

Hey Hil,

Waiting to hear about your b'day and first day back at work :-)

Hope your feeling better.

Sam

Ali said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR SUNDAY HIL!!!!

Hope you had an awesome day!

Look after yourself and I hope your cold is on the mend

Alixxx