Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Studio photos...

Time is just flying isnt it? I cant believe that its February, and that little miss Skye is almost 5 weeks old already!

Well we've had a fun couple of weeks getting into the swing of being parents, and all the challenges that brings. Some days are great, and other days not so great, but thats all part of the experience I guess!

Our major issue has been getting her to sleep during the day - it seemed that no matter what I tried, or how many different settling techniques I used, the little bugger just REFUSED to go down. Last week it wasn't uncommon for her to be awake for 8 hours straight, and cranky as hell, not surprisingly. She would sleep on my lap, but then as soon as she went into that bassinette she was wide awake and screaming - ahhh the joys!

But the good thing is that she seems to be a good sleeper at night, often going 4 or 5 hours at a stretch, so I cant really complain. Yesterday and today I've been successful to get her to sleep during the day, so fingers crossed we're onto something!

It was my birthday last Thursday and I was invited out to lunch, and took Skye. I was pretty nervous to take her out to a cafe, I had visions of her screaming the entire time. But she was a perfect angel and slept the whole time, so I worried for nothing! It was our first BIG outing together, and it was great because it gave me a lot more confidence that I can manage.

I'm starting to think about getting back into some kind of fitness routine, but nothing intense just yet. The other day I ran to answer the phone and I could feel that there is still some tenderness in my tummy/pelvic area. I've been doing a bit of walking, but nothing of much consequence. I havent really done any weight training since about October (unless you count lifting a 4kg baby around all day!), so that will be something that I'll need to ease back into!

Anyway, on Saturday we went and had some studio photos done by Rezolution Photography - who also did our fantastic wedding photos... I went and picked up the CD today (how's that for super fast service?!!) and I am SO impressed with them, they are exactly what I hoped for. Here's a small selection of them:









9 comments:

Dianna Broeren said...

Oh I especially love the pic of Skye on your back and Daddy blowing raspberries! So cute!

LizN said...

They are so beautiful Hils, what a lovely little family you have there.

Hugs
Liz N

Unknown said...

I'm still smiling as I write this! It's just been wonderful following you through your fitness, the wedding and now the baby. The pictures are so lovely- she truly is a beautiful baby!
And....the first outing is mega traumatic! I still remember the first time we took David out with all the paraphernalia! With Catherine it was .....pfft! so easiy!!

Gillian said...

They are so lovely Hilary and you look so great.

Valley Girl said...

Lovely to see but I did crack up at skye's look on her tiny face when hubby was blowing rasberries, like shes saying whooly cow what's that! so funny aern't they.

treasured memories that will last a lifetime!

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Forget Slow Downloads With NZB Files You Can Rapidly Search Movies, PC Games, MP3 Singles, Software & Download Them @ Electric Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]

Sandra said...

Hi Hilary,

beautiful photos, thanks for dropping by my blog today 12/2...for some reason I can't comment on my own blog...I don't like technology...
xoxox

Kerry said...

Wonderul photos Hilary.

Miss Positive said...

Thanks Di, yeah they're probably two of my favourites too!

Thank you Liz, she's such a little poser isn't she?? Wonder where she gets that from? LOL!!

Its certainly been an amazing journey Linda, and yes I agree the first outing is traumatic! We've been out alone many times now, we'll be pro's in no time!

Thank you Gillian!

LOL Valley Girl, its a great look isn't it?

Thanks Sandra, dont you just hate computers sometimes!!

Thanks Kerry!

Hilary xx