Sunday, July 29, 2012

Leibster, take 2

A few weeks ago, Francesca tagged me for another round of Leibster awards, thanks Francesca!



This version of the Leibster award is different to last time:



The rules are:
1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.


2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the person you tag.


3. Choose 11 people & link them to your post. (They must have 200 followers or less)


4. Tell them you have tagged them.


5. Remember, no tag backs.


Here goes!


11 facts about me:

1. I do my own acrylic nails and MUST have painted toenails at all times


2. I used to be a figure (ice) skater when I was a kid, won a state championship once, and got a second in the nationals in 1988


3. I am a shocking housekeeper, I just cant seem to get on top of the mess in my house. Add toys to the mix and its like a bombsite


4. I don’t really like seafood of any kind. And prawns? Ick. I will occasionally eat a piece of fish if its of the extremely bland variety.


5. I cry at the drop of a hat


6. I can be extremely indecisive at times.


7. I am obsessed about Ancient Rome. Still.


8. I freak out if I have to do something that is “against the rules”. Classic example - one time when I was a little kid, my dad accidentally drove down a street that said “No entry”. And I thought the cops were going to pop out of nowhere and arrest us. For reals.


9. I can come across as very cold and emotionless sometimes. Distant even. But its just that sometimes I have trouble articulating my feelings, and usually I try very hard not to show how I’m really feeling.


10. I’m really bad at maths. I cant even add up two numbers in my head, without a calculator. But English was always my best subject


11. I cant stand it if I don’t know what the time is, I never take my watch off (waterproof Polar) and have a clock in every single room of the house.



Francesca’s questions for me:


1. Does vegemite go in the fridge or the pantry?


In the fridge.  And by the way, Vegemite? Ick! I only buy it for the hubby! Does that make me “UnAustralian”??

2. Today, are you where you thought you'd be ten years ago?


Hmmm, in terms of our house and being on acreage, yes. But I never thought I’d be a stay at home mum of two kids, so no!


3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?


I love connecting with other bloggers and finding out that you are not the only one who feels a certain way.


4. Do you have any quotes you live by, or just favourite quotes?


”You can make excuses, or you can get results – you cant do both”


5. Do you know any foreign languages?


No. Wait – yes, I speak ‘toddler’. Well actually I don’t really speak it, but I can translate it for anyone who doesn’t understand.


6. What's your shoe size? (yes, I was looking at my feet when I thought up this question)


I’m a pretty standard 8.5.


7. Which do you prefer, winter or summer?


Winter by far. Because winter on the Gold Coast isn’t really like winter is it? I mean, today is COLD, and its still like 18 degrees outside. I hate summer, because of the humidity here. When you start sweating the instant you step out of the shower, it sucks.


8. What is your favourite colour?


Hmm, don’t really have one anymore. I like black clothes though!


9. Do you like your name?


Nope – always wanted to be called something else when I was a kid. I went around pretending my name was “Morgan” for a while. Having an unusual name is ok, but I think mine is a bit old fashioned.


10. Do you have any regrets, like, big ones?


Sometimes I think I do, but then I remember that I wouldn’t be the person that I am today without those experiences – and they do say that you learn from your mistakes!


11. Have you ever experienced déja vu?


ALL the time! Especially now that I’m so tired all the time – and apparently tiredness is a big cause of déjà vu, something in your brain not firing properly or something…




Questions for my tagees:


1. Do you love or hate watching the Olympics?


2. Whats your favourite meal?


3. How many countries have you visited?


4. What is your favourite movie?


5. Would you rather be rich, or healthy?


6. Can you play Chess?


7. What is the strangest talent that you have?


8. Can you successfully reverse parallel park? (for the record, I’m crap at it!)


9. Toilet paper – scrunch or fold?


10. When you get dressed, which shoe do you put on first?


11. Do you remember your dreams?






The next part, well its breaking the rules but I dont think I can come up with 11... here goes:

1.  Magda - Life as I see it
2.  Em - Fat girl skinny
3.  Pip - Pips Adventures part 2

Ok thats about all I can come up with, some of the blogs I read have gone private, are non-active at the moment, or are bigger than the 200 followers... sorry!

No comments: